Coastline ROP provides students with a dynamic career technical education program that prepares them for academic and career success.
EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENTS
Upon successful course completion, Coastline ROP students will:
- Demonstrate industry-specific skills.
- Use academic skills in the workplace.
- Understand and use current and emerging technologies.
- Practice health and safety regulations.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Practice teamwork and leadership skills.
- Apply creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate work ethics and responsibility.
- Exhibit responsible, flexible behavior.
CAREER PLANNING SKILLS
- Research career opportunities.
- Establish educational and career goals.
- Apply effective job search strategies.
ORGANIZATION & FISCAL DATA
- Coastline ROP partners with five school districts in Orange County to strengthen and broaden the students’ educational experience.
- Partner districts include: Huntington Beach Union, Irvine, Newport-Mesa, Saddleback Valley and Tustin Unified School Districts.
- Within these districts the ROP serves 21 comprehensive high schools, 5 continuation schools, and 4 alternative schools.
- The ROP is a state-funded career technical education program financed by average daily attendance (ADA).
- High School students generate 93% of Coastline ROP’s ADA; adults generate 7%.
- ROP classes provide students a rich curriculum that is aligned to state standards and evaluated by industry members.
- California CTE Curriculum Standards are organized into 15 industry sectors. Coastline ROP has courses and programs in 12 of the 15 state industry sectors including:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Arts, Media, and Entertainment
- Building Trades and Construction
- Business and Finance
- Education, Child Development, Family Services
- Engineering and Architecture
- Health Science and Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Marketing, Sales, and Service
- Public Services
- More than one-third of Coastline ROP’s courses meet the UC/CSU admission requirements.
- Course pathways are aligned with postsecondary programs promoting sequential skill building.
- Advanced placement and/or credit are available at local community colleges for some classes.
- Many classes include internships at local business and industry sites where ROP students improve their problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, communication skills, and work attitudes.
- Research shows that students who take ROP courses improve their grade point averages, feel a greater connection to learning, and are more successful in college and careers once they graduate.
- ROP courses are taught by skilled teachers credentialed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Coastline ROP is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
- Students have access to an ROP career specialist on every high school campus.
- Students receive counseling about CTE opportunities, courses in a program of study, postsecondary options, and career planning.
- Students move within and across districts to participate in programs.
COURSES OFFERED AT COAST HIGH SCHOOL
Please speak with a Guidance Specialist to sign up for an ROP class today!
- Animal Health Care Internship
- Automotive Technology Internship
- Careers With Children Internship
- Diversified Service Careers Internship
- Banking and Financial Services Internship
- Hotel and Tourism Internship
- Retail Sales and Merchandising Internship
- Medical Assistant Back Office Internship
- Medical Assistant Front Office Internship
- Nurse Assistant Pre-Cert. (CNA) Internship
- Dental Assistant Front Office
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Office Management and Billing
- Medical Terminology Microsoft Tools
- Sports Medicine
- Baking and Pastry Fundamentals
- Culinary Arts (Advanced)
- Careers With Children Cooperative
- Construction Technology
- Entertainment Art
- Fire Science 101
- Fire Technology
- Floral Design
- Floral Design (Advanced)
- RDA Preparation
- Video and Film Production